IDC Staff Internship, or how to teach IDC candidates!
The IDC Staff Instructor course prepares candidates to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and to staff PADI instructor development programs. The training furthers teaching abilities and develops candidate’s evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors at dive center or resorts that are a minimum PADI Five Star Dive Center or Resort.
- Conduct IDC segments training segments while a PADI Course Director is available on premises for consultation.
- Evaluate and criticize instructor candidates knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates
- Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses.
- Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
Did you love your experience and would like to learn more?
Continue to teach and become a PADI Master Instructor!