Sidemount diving is not a new concept, but its application has spread from cave diving to open water recreational and technical diving. Sidemount diving presents divers with a different approach to equipment configuration, and a new set of skills to master.The philosophy of this course is to provide an introduction to the use, benefits and proper configuration of sidemount equipment for recreational diving, with an emphasis on safety.
The goal of this course is to provide a systematic, methodical approach. approach to recreational sidemount diving, showing how to apply the skills developed using conventional back mounted equipment. Once certified, student divers will be able to use sidemount equipment comfortably for no-stop recreational dives in similar or better conditions than those encountered during training.
SIDEMOUNT DIVING OFFERS:
- An alternative way to streamline in the water
- Easier equipment transportation
- Reduced lower back strain
- Provides redundant gas supply
- Ability to monitor all equipment because it’s in front of you
- Increased gas supply for longer dives
Because you are able to move the cylinder from your back to your side, it instantly takes the pressure off of your back and gives you more flexibility to move and enjoy your dive. Plus, you don’t have to walk to the dive site with the cylinders on your back. You can enter the water and clip them on and go.
- DURATION: 2 TO 3 DAYS
- DIVES: 3 DIVES
To enroll in the PADI Recreational Sidemount Course Bali, you must:
- Be a certified PADI Open Water Diver (or SSI/NAUl/other equivalent)
- Be at least 15 years old
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE (TRAINING)
- Transport in air-conditioned to and from the training site
- PADI Instructor speaking English, French
- Theory lessons
- I dive in the pool
- 3 Dives in the ocean in Nusa Penida
- PADI Diving Insurance (Decompression Chamber only)
- Porter available to carry the equipment/tank to and from the dive site
- Oxygen Kit and First Aid available on site
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE :
- Certification fee
NB: Students need to prepare well ahead of the course. It is required that you purchase your manual (contact us) and complete all knowledge reviews before the start of the course. Certification fees are not included because certification is not automatic for this course. Mastery of skills and the proper attitude need to be displayed before certification can be earned.