MENJANGAN + TULAMBEN (3 DAYS / 6 DIVES)
BALI UNDERWATER LENGTH AND BREADTH
Early in the morning, you will start your journey (3 hours 30 min) at the Dune Atlantis International Bali head office in Sanur (Denpasar) to cross the island to the north west of the island, Pemuteran. To reach the area of the national park of Menjangan, you will pass through uncountable rice terraces and the breathtaking region of Bedugul with its 3 lakes. Famous for the most beautiful wall-dives, Menjangan offers the greatest diversity of gorgonian in Bali. Take the opportunity to encounter enormous schools of fish, dive over many colourful soft and hard corals and discover the incredible critters of the renowned muck dive site Gilimanuk Secret Bay.
Tulamben is one of the safest dive wrecks in the world. The American ship wreck USAT Liberty lies in a depth of 5 and 30 metres. It is covered entirely with an incredibly marine flora, including gorgonians, sea squirts and sponges You will meet amongst others healthy schools of sweetlips, batfish, surgeonfish and fusiliers.
TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIVE MINI SAFARI IN BALI, PLEASE FOLLOW OUR RECOMMENDATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Open Water Diver minimum or Advanced Open Water depending on dive sites
- Certification Card and Dive Log required
- Medical clearance recommended
- Neoprene booties with hard soles highly recommended (for rocky beach entry/exit)
MINI SAFARI DESCRIPTION
- Depart Sanur around 6:30 am
- Arrive in
- Pemuteran/Menjangan area around 10:00 am
- 1st dive (morning) = Garden Eels*
- Lunch box on local boat
- 2nd dive (afternoon) = Post II*
- 1 hotel night in Pemuteran
- Breakfast included at the restaurant
- 3rd dive (morning) = Gilimanuk, Secret Bay*
- Lunch box
- 4th dive (afternoon) =
- Gilimanuk, Secret Bay*
1 hotel night in Pemuteran
- Breakfast included at the restaurant
- Depart from Pemuteran around 7:30 am
- Transfer to Tulamben (around 2h30)
- 5th dive (morning) = Liberty Wreck*
- Lunch included at the restaurant
- 6th dive (afternoon) = Drop Off (Wall of Tulamben)*
- Return to Sanur around 6:00 or 6:30 pm
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Breakfast and lunch in Oceanside restaurant
- English, French, Chinese, or Indonesian-speaking dive guide or instructor
- All dives
- Safari night(s) in hotel in standard double room with Air Con
- 12L aluminum tanks with K-valve/international valve and weights included
- PADI Diving Insurance (Decompression Chamber only)
- Full equipment
- Underwater Dive Light/Torch
MINI SAFARI INFORMATION:
- Price: on request – Minimum 2 divers
- Duration: 3 days / 2 hotel nights
- Dives: 6
- Type of dive: wreck, wall, night, drift, marine biology, photography, snorkeling
- Depth: 5 – 40metres
- Certification level required: from Open Water Diver
- Visibility: 15 – 40 metres
- Current: none to moderate (Tulamben/Amed). Strong, unpredictable, down current (Nusa Penida)
- Access: from shore,jukung traditional boat, Dune Atlantis International Bali speedboat
- Temperature: 18 – 30 degrees
- Dive in small groups (Ratio 4 divers to 1 Guide/Instructor)
- Dive sites chosen and appropriate for divers’ experience level
- Entry/exit from shore, traditional boat or Speedboat
- 15L tank and Nitrox available on request with surcharge
- Adherence to PADI Standards
- Adherence to safety rules and recommendations (emergency oxygen, first aid kit)
- Non-diving companion welcome
- Snorkeling possible
- Emergency Oxygen and
- First Aid kit available
*dives sites scheduled are subject to weather conditions, and other dive sites may be proposed
I recently took part in an IDC held by Dune Atlantis Bali. It was excellent and i would like to highlight the great job done by course director Patrick and staff instructor Karl. What i was most impressed with was their focus on not getting us to pass the IDC and the subsequent Instructor Exam, but to create good instructors. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in doing IDC.
Hard to know where to start. . .
After emailing several dive centres around the world, I decided to do a 2 month Divemaster internship with Atlantis. The emails received from Jerome and Marie were so helpful and friendly, answered my many, many questions and made me feel confident I had chose the right place.
They arranged everything and gave a price that included all required (advanced open water, EFR, Rescue and Divemaster courses, learning materials, equipment rental AND accommodation) – no surprise charges when I got there. They picked me up from the airport, took me to the dive centre for a little tour and then onto my guesthouse – absolutely no stress involved. All the staff – the drivers, the equipment guys, the office girls, the divemasters and instructors were so nice and made me feel relaxed and very welcome straight away.
The scuba equipment and speedboats are in excellent condition and the equipment guys move all the tanks and wash your equipment for each dive so you don’t have to!
All the instructors and divemasters are experienced and very capable as well as friendly and funny. The courses are taught well and they go well beyond what is required from PADI – they want you to be a good divemaster, rather than just a divemaster. The office staff are fantastic and make everything happen – the organisation is always perfect, and there is a lot of organising to do on busy days!
It goes without saying the dive sites in and around Bali are excellent and as a divemaster trainee you get to go to all of them, many many times. I dived almost every day I was there – the only exceptions were when there were classroom/pool days and when I asked for days off to go exploring.
The dive centre, training and equipment are top quality. What really makes Atlantis special though is the people. After a while the staff stopped seeming like staff and more like friends. At the end of the 2 months, I finished the DM course, was originally intending to travel on to Vietnam and Cambodia for my final month of holiday. . . but I was having such a good time with Atlantis, I stayed 🙂 .
At events I heard people from other dive centres referring to the ‘Atlantis family’. . .which to begin with sounded a bit cheesy to me. . .but it’s true and I will miss them all very much. It’s no exaggeration when I say that it was the best three months ever and I can’t wait to get back out there at the earliest opportunity.
I could write for hours, but will stop now. . feel free to ask me for advice 🙂
Thanks for everything Atlantis.
The Atlantis dive master intership is a fantastic, hands-on experience that leaves you feeling confident in your skills whether you plan to continue onto IDC or work as a dive master in the industry. In addition to quality education, the people at Atlantis welcome you to their dive family and introduce you to the life in Sanur Beach. You also get to experience a variety of fun dives in addition to their training for the dive master certification.