TULAMBEN + AMED (2 DAYS / 5 DIVES)
GO DIVING IN THE BEST OF BALI NORTH-EAST COAST
From the Dune Atlantis International Bali office in Sanur (Denpasar), we make the two hour and 20 minute journey to the North East coast of Bali, to Tulamben. We follow the coastline until we turn towards the interior of the island. Traditional villages and rice fields will surround us and in the background the silhouette of Bali’s tallest volcano, Agung.
Tulamben, known particularly for its wreck, the USAT Liberty, is a world-renowned dive location. The Liberty wreck is an American cargo ship, found between 5 and 30 metres deep. It measures 120 metres and is entirely covered with an incredibly marine flora, including sea squirts, gorgonians and sponges. Even more mind-blowing is the night dive, where giant groupers and morays hunt amongst the wreckage and adjacent reef and enormous humphead parrot fish sleep within the intact portions of the wrecks structure.
Amed is recommended for the unique atmosphere of its walls, particularly Jemeluk’s coral plateau covered in coral bommies and giant gorgonians. Macro-lovers will be delighted to see here the famous pink pygmy seahorse (Hippocampus bargibanti Whitley).
TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIVE MINI SAFARI IN BALI, PLEASE FOLLOW OUR RECOMMENDATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Open Water Diver minimum or Advanced Open Water depending on dive sites
- Certification Card and Dive Log required
- Medical clearance recommended
- Neoprene booties with hard soles highly recommended (for rocky beach entry/exit)
MINI DIVE SAFARIS IN BALI DESCRIPTION:
- Depart Sanur around 8:00 am
- Arrive in Tulamben around 10:30 am
- 1st dive (morning) = Liberty Wreck*
- Lunch included at the restaurant
- 2nd dive (afternoon) = Drop Off (Wall of Tulamben)*
- 3rd dive (Night dive) = Liberty Wreck*
- 1 hotel night in Tulamben
- Breakfast at the restaurant of Hotel;
- Transport to Amed (20 min)
- 4th dive (morning around 11:00 am) = Jemeluk Wall*
- Lunch included at restaurant
- 5th dive = Pyramids*
- Return to Sanur around 6:00 or 6:30 pm
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Breakfast and lunch in Oceanside restaurant
- English, French, Chinese, or Indonesian-speaking dive guide or instructor
- All dives
- Safari night(s) in hotel in standard double room with Air Con
- 12L aluminum tanks with K-valve/international valve and weights included
- PADI Diving Insurance (Decompression Chamber only)
- Underwater Dive Light/Torch
MINI SAFARI INFORMATION:
- Price: on request – Minimum 2 divers
- Duration: 2 days / 1 hotel night
- Dives: 5 (4 + 1 night dive)
- Type of dive: wreck, wall, night, marine biology, photography, snorkeling
- Depth: 5 – 35 metres
- Certification level required: from Open Water Diver
- Visibility: 15 -30 metres
- Current: none to moderate
- Access: from shore or jukung traditional boat
- Temperature: 26 – 30 degrees
*dives sites scheduled are subject to weather conditions, and other dive sites may be proposed
I recently took part in an IDC held by Dune Atlantis Bali. It was excellent and i would like to highlight the great job done by course director Patrick and staff instructor Karl. What i was most impressed with was their focus on not getting us to pass the IDC and the subsequent Instructor Exam, but to create good instructors. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in doing IDC.
Hard to know where to start. . .
After emailing several dive centres around the world, I decided to do a 2 month Divemaster internship with Atlantis. The emails received from Jerome and Marie were so helpful and friendly, answered my many, many questions and made me feel confident I had chose the right place.
They arranged everything and gave a price that included all required (advanced open water, EFR, Rescue and Divemaster courses, learning materials, equipment rental AND accommodation) – no surprise charges when I got there. They picked me up from the airport, took me to the dive centre for a little tour and then onto my guesthouse – absolutely no stress involved. All the staff – the drivers, the equipment guys, the office girls, the divemasters and instructors were so nice and made me feel relaxed and very welcome straight away.
The scuba equipment and speedboats are in excellent condition and the equipment guys move all the tanks and wash your equipment for each dive so you don’t have to!
All the instructors and divemasters are experienced and very capable as well as friendly and funny. The courses are taught well and they go well beyond what is required from PADI – they want you to be a good divemaster, rather than just a divemaster. The office staff are fantastic and make everything happen – the organisation is always perfect, and there is a lot of organising to do on busy days!
It goes without saying the dive sites in and around Bali are excellent and as a divemaster trainee you get to go to all of them, many many times. I dived almost every day I was there – the only exceptions were when there were classroom/pool days and when I asked for days off to go exploring.
The dive centre, training and equipment are top quality. What really makes Atlantis special though is the people. After a while the staff stopped seeming like staff and more like friends. At the end of the 2 months, I finished the DM course, was originally intending to travel on to Vietnam and Cambodia for my final month of holiday. . . but I was having such a good time with Atlantis, I stayed 🙂 .
At events I heard people from other dive centres referring to the ‘Atlantis family’. . .which to begin with sounded a bit cheesy to me. . .but it’s true and I will miss them all very much. It’s no exaggeration when I say that it was the best three months ever and I can’t wait to get back out there at the earliest opportunity.
I could write for hours, but will stop now. . feel free to ask me for advice 🙂
Thanks for everything Atlantis.
The Atlantis dive master intership is a fantastic, hands-on experience that leaves you feeling confident in your skills whether you plan to continue onto IDC or work as a dive master in the industry. In addition to quality education, the people at Atlantis welcome you to their dive family and introduce you to the life in Sanur Beach. You also get to experience a variety of fun dives in addition to their training for the dive master certification.