Preparing the next diving trip
Preparing your dive trip in advance is essential, especially if you don’t want to be disappointed. To organize a trip that really suits you, there are several factors to take into account:
- The budget
- The period you want to leave
- What you want to see underwater (Macro, wreck, marine mammal etc)
- The weather conditions of the chosen destination
- Activities to do outside your diving hours
- And finally your diving level
Contact us and we will be pleased to accompany you during the organisation of your next diving trip with us.
You may not be aware of it but there are a lot of diving trainings available online. Of course, this will be for the theoretical part only. The rest of the training will, most of the time, have to be completed with practical underwater exercises.
The online courses range from Open Water to Divemaster level and specialties such as the Coral Reef Conservation course recently available on our website.
Take advantage of this confinement period to study and develop your knowledge of the diving world.
Here is the Top 3 of the best dive documentaries to watch on Netflix:
- Chasing Coral (Coral Bleaching Documentary)
- A Plastic Ocean
- Mission Blue (with Sylvia Earle)
- Observe the seabed from the house
You can’t do without the seabed, but you’re in your living room. Go on Google earth and explore the seabed from your couch.
Document yourself by reading books on marine life:
Below are some books to inspire you:
- Fifty Places to Dive Before You Die: Diving Experts Share the World’s Greatest Destinations – Chris Santella
- Scuba Confidential: An Insider’s Guide to Becoming a Better Diver – Simon pridmore
- The Complete Diver: The History, Science and Practice of Scuba Diving Alex Brylske
- Ocean – The Definitive Visual Guide –Robert Dinwidd
- Prepare your diving movie from your last vacation
It’s the best time to get started and create a movie of your last diving trips, or even time to make your photo album of your best underwater shots, the one you still haven’t got time to do. It will be nice to share it with your dive club at the next online gathering.
Share your memories on your dive club’s social networks
It is always a pleasure to hear from you and to remember your visit with us.
Maintain your diving equipment
There is nothing like this quiet moment to prepare your next underwater adventure with a maintained equipment and be ready for your future dives.
Join a facebook group
Exchange with other divers from all over the world, tell about your memories, share photos or good pieces of advice and ask your questions.
Here are some Facebook groups you may be interested in:
- Divers Around the World
- Scuba Diver Life
- Scuba Diving in Indonesia
- Scuba Diving Magazine
- Diving Passport
Stay in shape
A good muscular form will make you more autonomous and will reinforce your confidence and your abilities as a diver. It’s time to take advantage of the free videos and gym classes to stay in shape 🙂
We hope these tips will help you to get busy and make you dream of your next underwater adventures 🙂