Komodo Island 6 NIGHTS
(Labuhan Bajo - Labuhan Bajo)
DISCOVER 1 OF THE NEW 7 WONDERS OF NATURE.
THIS NATIONAL PARK WILL ENCHANT YOU BOTH ON LAND AND UNDERWATER
6 nights itinerary, going through Gili, Komodo & Labuan Bajo.
Route is subject to weather conditions and can be modified.
Best period : From April to October
Day 1: Labuan Bajo
After a one-hour flight from Denpasar (Bali) you will arrive in the small port town of Labuan Bajo, Flores. Our Aurora staff will pick you up at the airport for immediate boarding and departure to our first dive site. Only a few miles from Labuan Bajo’s harbour lies the small island of Sebayur with a nice dive including marbled hatchetfish, lionfish, eels and possibly the resident ghost pipefish. The perfect “warm-up dive”. On the neighbouring reef, nudibranchs, pipefish, sea fans, sponges and scorpion fish. During the night dive you might see carpet sharks, nudis and crustaceans.
Day 2: Gili Lawah Laut
Gili Lawa Laut ,“Island Facing the Sea”, is home to two of the best pinnacles in all of Indonesia, “Crystal Rock” and “Castle Rock”. Huge schools of jacks, giant trevally, white tip and grey reef sharks, barracudas, dolphins and a whole host of smaller reef fish that float amongst the fields of staghorn coral. A challenging site, but certainly worth a couple of dives!
Day 3: Gili lawah Darat
Discover the famous dive known as “Shot gun”, kind of a pot, where the current attracts pelagic, sharks, trevally, tuna and sometimes Mantas. Do not miss!
The night dive named “Flamenco Show”, the Spanish dancer and macro.
Lighthouse Reef: a nice dive site with hard corals and lots of bushes of black coral
Day 4: Komodo Channel
The channel located between Komodo Islands and Rinca offers plenty of diving spots, to enjoy healthy coral reefs and the beautiful diversity of marine life.
Day 5: South Komodo / Rinca
Manta Alley as its name indicates is home to an amazing dive site where encounters with Manta rays are possible . Located in the southern part of komodo island. We will try our luck to see this majestic creatures .
Horseshoe Bay is shaped like its namesake, with Rinca Island forming the outer arc and Nusa Kode forming the inner one. The colder plankton-rich waters of the Indian Ocean make this area a bit colder than the northern regions of the Park. The sea-life gets everyone into the water.
Cannibal Rock, a small submarine ridge. The reef-top is littered with feather stars, brittle stars, sea cucumbers, anemones and all kinds of corals. The deeper rocks provide hiding places for nudibranchs, frogfish and even rhinopias.
Torpedo Alley, named after the electrified rays, hosts also ghost pipefish and other extraordinary creatures.
Day 6: North Rinca / Loh Buaya Trekking
Stop near the “Second Ranger Station Loh Buaya”, next to “Wainilu Island”, the paradise of macro. Many different and rare kinds of nudibranchs, ghost pipefish and other surprises.
After lunch, we will begin our magnificent walk on Rinca Island to see the infamous Komodo dragons and we will be back in the water by noon.
Day 7: Labuan Bajo
After a nice breakfast on board, our Aurora crew will organize, according to your flight schedules, your transfer to the airport of Labuan Bajo.
Unfortunately, our trip arrived at an end and we have to say goodbye but we hope to see you again on board.
- Pick up and drop off (before and after the cruise) from the nearest airport to Aurora
- Accommodation in a double-bed or twin-bed cabin with en-suite bathroom, toilet and AC
- Meals and all soft drinks on board (excluding beer, spirits, wine, espresso coffee)
- 12 to 15 dives (inluding night dives), according to weather conditions and flights schedules
- 12L Tank, belt, weights and diving guide
- Nitrox. As a service offered by Dune, Nitrox can’t be subject to any complaint or refund in case of a possible failure or malfunctioning of the compressor
- Multilingual guides on board (French, English, Indonesian),
- Land excursions, according to the diving cruise itinerary.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Scuba diving courses
- Rental diving equipment
- Dive insurance (mandatory – possibility to buy on board)
- 15L Tank
- Extra excursion requested
- Beer, wine and spirits, Expresso coffee
- Souvenirs, laundry, use of satellite phone
- Tips on board (for crew): 15 USD minimum / person / day – to be paid in cash
- Port fee: 150$ per trip per person