Indonesia, Bali,140km from East to West and 80km from North to South
- Area: 5620 sq km
- Population: 3.3 million
- Capital City: Denpasar
- People: 80% ethnic Balinese, plus Javanese minority
- Language: Bahasa Bali, Bahasa Indonesia and English in tourist areas
- Religion: 80% Balinese Hindu/Buddhist, plus Muslim and Christian
Dry Season from April/May until the beginning of November (Winter) :
- Lower humidity and cooler nights
- Water Temperature: Between 20°and 28° depending on the Bali dive sites
Rain Season from November until April (Summer):
- The Monsoon in Bali isn’t as strong as in India or Thailand and many days are sunny
- Water Temperature: Between 26°and 30° depending on dive sites
- Bali’s average temperatures oscillate between 30-33° all year round
We dive all year round in Bali!
PASSPORT & VISA
- Your Passport must be valid for at least 6 months on your date of arrival
- You can get 1 or 2 months Visas from your Indonesian Consulate before departure
- Visas are also available for tourists from many countries directly at Denpasar airport. U$ 25 or 240,000Rp in cash for 1 month
CUSTOMS & DUTY
Free Customs allow you to bring in a maximum of 2 liters of alcoholic beverages and 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 100 grams of tobacco.
- The Rupiah: 1 U$ = Rp , 14500 1 Euro = Rp. 16500
- The Euro is accepted everywhere, no need to exchange into US$.
- If you have US$, make sure bank notes are not torn or dirty and US$ notes should not be older than 1999.
- Moneychanger will pay lower rates for notes of less than US$ 100 .
- There are ATM Machines, especially in Southern and Main Towns around Bali.
- You can pay by Credit Card (Visa, Master, Cirrus) in most shops and restaurants. Surcharge 3%.
- We will recommend you to carry some cash or travelers checks as a back up.
ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Electricity runs generally at 220V – 240 V . 24 h.Y
- You can use your Mobile Phone nearly every where in Bali and you can call overseas from Main Towns or Hotels.
- Internet Connection is available all around the Island, albeit sometimes slow…
- We always bring 2 Oxygen Tanks & First Aid Kit at all dive sites.
- The Hyperbaric Decompression Chamber is located in Denpasar Sanglah Hospital. (South Bali)
- We have a Full Cover Diving PADI Insurance (Horsell International Pty Limited)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT US OR BALI OR SCUBA DIVING IN BALI