BANDA SEA, THE SPICE ISLANDS
As Columbus and Marco Polo, many divers are looking for the hidden islands in the Banda Sea. The Spice Islands have been the main spot for the export of spices like nutmegs and cloves and are now known for their surrounding seas, which offer spectacular diving and snorkeling possibilities on some of the world’s richest reefs. Unspoiled corals and pelagic fish (dogtooth tuna, schools of mobula rays, redtooth triggerfish, big barracuda or with some luck hammerhead sharks) are usually spotted on this trip. The water temperature varies between 26 to 29 degrees. This discovery and adventure cruise will bring out the explorer in you.
The Aurora team will welcome you aboard of our comfortable sailing yacht between 12 to 13 nights. On board you will be accompanied to enjoy your trip by our captain, crew and experienced guides who have good control of navigation and extensive knowledge of all the stunning places. You will also be delighted to discover one of the best cuisines in the Indonesian archipelago. Amazing diving and/or snorkeling trips are waiting for water lovers. For the land explorers we can offer treks to the Gunung Api, a 650m high active volcano.
NORTH MALUKU, RING OF FIRE
Once the only place on earth to find nutmegs, cloves and other spices, the Indonesian archipelago of Maluku is now known for the amazing dive and snorkel sites. Follow the footsteps of our ancestors on the spice route and sail through a scenery of white sand islands, crystal clear waters, tropical landscapes and turquoise lagoons. The accurate observation of sedentary animals (such as clownfish and sea-squirts) allows us to notice the changes from one island to another and to understand the role of marine currents. In an average water temperature ranging from 27 to 29 degrees you may find the colourful mandarin fish, emperor angelfish, the charming chromodoris sp and the marvellous moray eel.
The Aurora team will welcome you aboard on our comfortable sailing yacht for 12 days and 11 nights and you will enjoy one of the best cuisines in the Indonesian archipelago. You will be accompanied on board to enjoy your trip by our captain, crew and experienced guides who have good control of navigation and extensive knowledge of all the stunning places, both on land and underwater. Amazing diving and/or snorkeling trips are waiting for water lovers.
BANDA SEA LIVEABOARD INFORMATION :
- Number of dives: 32-40 including the night dives depending on the itinerary
- Dive Experience: Advanced Open Water Diver or level 2 (minimum 50 logged dives)
- When to go: October to November
INCLUDED IN YOUR AURORA CRUISE:
- Transfer from airport or hotel to Aurora and back to the nearest airport or hotel
- Accommodation in a double-bed or twin-bed cabin 3 dives plus 1 night dive per day (depending on the itinerary) en-suite bathroom, toilet and AC
- Meals and all soft drinks on board (excluding alcoholic beverages and espresso)
- 12L Tank, belt, weights and experienced diving guide
- Multilingual guides on board (Europeans and Indonesians)
- Land excursions, according to the cruise itinerary
NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR AURORA CRUISE:
- Clearances, National Park Fees and Contributions to villages
- Nitrox tanks
- Scuba diving courses
- Diving and snorkeling gear
- Beer, wine, spirits and espresso
- Souvenirs, laundry, use of satellite phone
- Tips for crew: not mandatory but highly appreciated