PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE, THE “LEVEL 2” OF SCUBA DIVING
To take the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Bali course, you must first be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or SSI/NAUI/other equivalent), but you don’t need much experience. This course will help you develop your scuba diving skills, gain more confidence and feel more relaxed underwater. It allows you to acquire more experience while still under the guidance and supervision of a qualified PADI Instructor.
You will perfect your technique over the completion of 5 Adventure Dives:
- Underwater Navigation Dive **mandatory
- Deep Dive (18-30 metres) **mandatory
- Three more Adventure Dives of your choice (from the selection of the Adventure Dives offered by Dune Atlantis International Bali)
You and your PADI Instructor will choose between the 15 different types of Adventure Dives on offer in order to complete your course (subject to availability within Dune Atlantis International Bali). You can try digital underwater photography, wreck diving, fish identification, drift diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy and many other themed dives. The knowledge and skills you will learn during your PADI Advanced Open Water Bali course vary depending on the Adventure Dives you choose.
Here is what you can expect to learn and perform during your course:
- Complete 5 Knowledge Reviews and review your answers with your Instructor
- The practical aspects and safety considerations when planning and executing a Deep Dive.
- The physiological effects that take place when Deep Diving.
- Different ways to use your compass when navigating underwater and on the surface.
- How to estimate a distance.
- How to orientate yourself underwater using kick cycles, natural landmarks and time.
DURATION: 2-3 DAYS
TO ENROLL IN THE PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE OR PADI JUNIOR ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE, YOU MUST:
- Already be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or SSI/NAUI/other equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years old for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be at least 15 years old for PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Know how to swim
- Be in good health
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE (TRAINING) :
- PADI Advanced Open Water manual (Online or paper version)
- PADI Adventures in Diving waterproof slate
- Diving Log Book
- PADI Certification Card
- Transport in air-conditioned bus to and from training site
- Full set of diving equipment rental (Aqualung)
- 1 night in Tulamben for AOWD (air-conditioned room, hot water, breakfast included)
- PADI Instructor speaking English, French, Chinese, or Bahasa
- Theory lessons
- 5 dives in the ocean
- Porter available to carry the equipment/tank to and from the dive site
- All amenities: toilet, shower, and changing room available
- PADI Diving Insurance (Decompression Chamber only)
- Oxygen Kit and First Aid available on site
- Free Wifi at the Dune Atlantis International Bali main office and at the dive site location